Para Helmet

This Section is opened to all the subjects (even if they aren’t about World War II) and all other things like sales or auctions.
AlanW
Air Commodore
Air Commodore

Para Helmet

Post by AlanW »

Browsing ebay, i came across a Para Helmet from WW2 with a starting price just short of £600. I have my uncle George's helmet, complete with the cammo netting, which he gave me when i was approx 12 yrs old, that he wore in WW2, went to Arnhem, and was one of the lucky ones to survive and escape. Also served post war in Aden. My missus asked what i#m going to do with it. My answer was quite blunt...... what do you mean, what am i going to do with it!!! keep it, it's worth more than money to me. Don't know how to copy/paste, but if you type in "WW2 British Army Para Helmet 1944 BMB Original" you might get it.
There is no paralell in warfare, to such courage and determination in the face of danger, over so long a period. Such devotion, should never be forgotten.
Nocturna mors
Flight Lieutenant
Flight Lieutenant

Re: Para Helmet

Post by Nocturna mors »

"Rule Britannia two tanners make a bob,three make eighten pence and four two bob"!
AlanW
Air Commodore
Air Commodore

Re: Para Helmet

Post by AlanW »

Thanks Tom, thats the one. Will be watching this one out of interest, to see if it goes for what i think is an extortinate starting price. (hope my kids don't see it :D )
There is no paralell in warfare, to such courage and determination in the face of danger, over so long a period. Such devotion, should never be forgotten.