Been meaning to post this for a long time

This Section is dedicated to all the Books and DVD's about Bomber Command & related subjects (Personal opinions are not necessarily those of the Stirling Aircraft Society).
AlanW
Air Commodore
Air Commodore

Been meaning to post this for a long time

Post by AlanW »

I've been meaning to post this for some time now, and, after seeing a DVD of Mike in action, decided it's about time i did. As most will know, British comedian/songwriter Mike Harding, wrote this in memory of his father, F/Sgt L.A. Harding, who was killed flying with 9sqdn BC. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NiiKfB1-DcU
There is no paralell in warfare, to such courage and determination in the face of danger, over so long a period. Such devotion, should never be forgotten.
smudgersmith218
3 Group Researcher

Re: Been meaning to post this for a long time

Post by smudgersmith218 »

Hi Alan,

Thanks for posting, I used to listen to Mike on BBC Radio 2 before they booted him off, probably was not left wing enough for them. On one of his shows he spoke about his father, it was obvious that it had a marked effect on him during his childhood.

The OTU ORB has arrived will send next week, off for a week.

Steve
No.218 (Gold Coast) Squadron 1918-1945
The Nomads
AlanW
Air Commodore
Air Commodore

Re: Been meaning to post this for a long time

Post by AlanW »

Thanks Steve
There is no paralell in warfare, to such courage and determination in the face of danger, over so long a period. Such devotion, should never be forgotten.