Sometimes wonder why i bother

This Section is opened to all the subjects (even if they aren’t about World War II) and all other things like sales or auctions.
AlanW
Air Commodore
Air Commodore

Sometimes wonder why i bother

Post by AlanW »

After a query about the career of an airman (grandfather) by his grandson, who thought he was a pilot with 619sqdn. I did my usual in depth searches, trolled through the ORB for his name, found him, with matching first and second initials to his name, same service number etc etc etc, gave all this to grandson with the one change in detail, which was clearly seen in ORB pages, which was that he was a Bomb Aimer, not a pilot. What do i get back ? thanks for trying, but my grandfather was a pilot, so wrong person. :x
There is no paralell in warfare, to such courage and determination in the face of danger, over so long a period. Such devotion, should never be forgotten.
K4KittyCrew
Air Chief Marshal (RAAF)
Air Chief Marshal (RAAF)

Re: Sometimes wonder why i bother

Post by K4KittyCrew »

Some people Alan, just can't be educated.
Maybe one day, the penny will drop or though I wouldn't hold my breath on this one.
Don't let such a person distract you from doing what the other 95% of people value. .............. stiff upper lip, they say!
Cheers,
John
K for Kitty Crew - Winthorpe, 1661 HCU's - stirlingaircraftsoc.raf38group.org/
630 Squadron - East Kirkby
" There is nothing glorious about war with the exception of those who served us so valiantly"
AlanW
Air Commodore
Air Commodore

Post by AlanW »

Hi John,
He's not the first, and i doubt if he'll be the last, and not his fault for wanting to stick with what he's obviously been told by others. I have simply told him that if he wants to know the truth, then apply for his grandfather's service record to prove me wrong. I doubt if i will hear from him again.
On a different matter altogether, how are things with you now, after that nasty scare you had.....
Alan.
There is no paralell in warfare, to such courage and determination in the face of danger, over so long a period. Such devotion, should never be forgotten.
K4KittyCrew
Air Chief Marshal (RAAF)
Air Chief Marshal (RAAF)

Post by K4KittyCrew »

I'm all good thanks, Alan. I've had to make a few changes but onwards and upwards I say.
Cheers,
John
K for Kitty Crew - Winthorpe, 1661 HCU's - stirlingaircraftsoc.raf38group.org/
630 Squadron - East Kirkby
" There is nothing glorious about war with the exception of those who served us so valiantly"
ME453
Wing Commander
Wing Commander

Post by ME453 »

You're not alone Alan, in fact I've stopped visiting a certain other "resurrected" forum because of the ignorant and ungrateful attitude of some members. Life's too short to worry about it so I just don't bother.
Max
www.ordinarycrew.co.uk
Dedicated to the crew of Lancaster ME453 467 squadron
AlanW
Air Commodore
Air Commodore

Post by AlanW »

ME453 wrote:You're not alone Alan, in fact I've stopped visiting a certain other "resurrected" forum because of the ignorant and ungrateful attitude of some members. Life's too short to worry about it so I just don't bother.
Max
Strange that ! because i stopped visiting for same reasons, but i was not under my usual username, because of my "spat" with the owner of original site.
The problem with the people like the chap i was talking about is that they, through no fault of their own, have heard rumours/suggestions about their relatives, and rightfully feel pride in what they've heard. Then, along comes this nasty man, who say's otherwise, and obviously does not know what he's talking about, even though it's in black and white. I hope he takes up my suggestion about getting the service record, but doubt very much if he'll contact me and tell me i was right.
Clocks went forward again last night, but try explaining that to two dogs waiting to go out, thats it's still dark outside.