Reunions

This is the Forum of Squadrons, Crews and Aircraft of Bomber Command & Related Luftwaffe personnel and aircraft.
Oggie2620
Pilot Officer
Pilot Officer

Reunions

Post by Oggie2620 »

Friends of 75 (NZ) Sqn reunion-the next UK one is on July 2-4 2010. Details are available from Kevin King the UK secretary. Anyone connected to 75 welcome.

The next New Zealand Reunion will be the end of March 2012 (just in time for Warbirds over Wanaka). Both welcome anyone who is connected to the Sqn. I know Glen the NZ secretary is particularly looking for groundcrews to get in touch and come. The 2012 one is in Christchurch (South Island NZ) and will have to go some to compete with the fabulous one the hosts at Palmerston North put on this year.

Warboys Pathfinder Reunion is on May 13-15 2011 there will be more details on their website www.warboyspathfinderreunion.net when it is nearer the date but photos from this years are already on. I know 156 Sqn didnt fly Stirlings but they welcome other Pathfinders and relatives. This years service was lovely and the church & the people of Warboys make a real effort..

There are pics from both the last UK and NZ 75er Reunions on my Facebook page so if anyone links into this forums group page and then adds me as a friend they will be able to see them. In the meantime I will get some photos on Facebook from the 156 Reunion asap so you can look at that too...
Oggie2620
Pilot Officer
Pilot Officer

Winter Reunion

Post by Oggie2620 »

To be held at the Heathcourt Hotel in Newmarket. Arrival and meal Friday night. Mystery Visit being arranged for Saturday by Jack Richards (Chairman) followed by memorial service at RAF Newmarket Heath (Rowley Mile Racecourse). Evening meeting of members followed by Association annual meal. Sunday Memoriall and laying of wreaths at Mepal Plinth followed by wreaths at Village memorial then service in village chapel and brunch in chapel hall... Anyone connected to 75 Sqn welcome whether air or groundcrew or members of families. :D
Oggie2620
Pilot Officer
Pilot Officer

Re: Reunions

Post by Oggie2620 »

75 Sqn Assn in New Zealand are holding their 2012 biennial reunion in Palmerston North not Christchurch due to the earthquakes. As it is the 75th Anniversary of the RNZAF as well it should be very interesting. Anyone interested can find out more on the website www.75squadron-raf-rnzaf.com where there is a form in the newsletters area.
Dee :)
Oggie2620
Pilot Officer
Pilot Officer

Post by Oggie2620 »

This years Summer UK reunion is going to be based at Mundford for 29/30 June 2012. On the Saturday there is going to be a service at the Mepal Memorial Garden plus visits to Feltwell and Newmarket. Some of the Kiwis who are coming over to Bomber Command Memorial Unveiling will be coming to the reunion too! For further details please contact the Assn secretary Margaret Still via mstill81@talktalk.net if interested.
Oggie2620
Pilot Officer
Pilot Officer

Post by Oggie2620 »

Winter reunion is this coming weekend but if anyone would be interested there is a ceremony at Mepal Plinth on Sunday morning followed by ceremonies at the 1914-18 memorial and a service in the local chapel.
david layne
Warrant Officer 1st Class
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by david layne »

Researching my father's time with 50 Squadron, 97 Squadron, Dulug Luft, Stalag Luft VI, Stalag 357 and Stalag Luft III.

http://wallyswar.wordpress.com/
Oggie2620
Pilot Officer
Pilot Officer

Post by Oggie2620 »

Winter reunion for 75 (NZ) Sqn is going to be based at the Dolphin Hotel in St Ives. All families and veterans welcome :)
Dee
K4KittyCrew
Air Chief Marshal (RAAF)
Air Chief Marshal (RAAF)

Post by K4KittyCrew »

Many thanks, Dee. Your input & updates are most welcome.
Cheers,
John
K for Kitty Crew - Winthorpe, 1661 HCU's - stirlingaircraftsoc.raf38group.org/
630 Squadron - East Kirkby
" There is nothing glorious about war with the exception of those who served us so valiantly"
Stirling Project
Group Captain
Group Captain

Post by Stirling Project »

Oggie2620 wrote:Winter reunion for 75 (NZ) Sqn is going to be based at the Dolphin Hotel in St Ives. All families and veterans welcome :)
Dee
Hi Dee

Not sure when your reunion will be, but your attendees are more than welcome to visit the Stirling Aircraft Project at the former RAF Alconbury. It's a about 10 miles from St Ives so hopefully won't be too difficult.

If you need any further details please PM me

regards

John L
Oggie2620
Pilot Officer
Pilot Officer

Post by Oggie2620 »

Thanks will pass that one!