Lancaster B MkII Photos

This is the Forum of Squadrons, Crews and Aircraft of Bomber Command & Related Luftwaffe personnel and aircraft.
CavOk
Pilot Officer
Pilot Officer

Lancaster B MkII Photos

Post by CavOk »

I'm trying to locate photos and drawings of Lancaster B MkIIs. I especially need drawings or photographs of the Hercules engines and also the bulged bomb bay doors which I believe were unique to the BII and not to be confused with the bulged doors used on BI BIII and BX types.
Any help would be appreciated.

Mike
highnoon1966
Warrant Officer 2nd Class
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: Lancaster B MkII Photos

Post by highnoon1966 »

Traweled the net and found these four which focus on the radials with a bit of bomb bay door bulge also visible in a couple.

K4KittyCrew
Air Chief Marshal (RAAF)
Air Chief Marshal (RAAF)

Post by K4KittyCrew »

Here is another link with many images, although seems to show all types ( searched on google images ) .......... https://www.google.com.au/search?rlz=1C ... CE4QvwUoAA
K for Kitty Crew - Winthorpe, 1661 HCU's - stirlingaircraftsoc.raf38group.org/
630 Squadron - East Kirkby
" There is nothing glorious about war with the exception of those who served us so valiantly"
CavOk
Pilot Officer
Pilot Officer

Post by CavOk »

Thanks for the pictures but the front view of the engines showing the collector braces is illusive as are any photos of the bomb bay door interior. Some one somewhere will have a picture of grand father standing in front of his Lanc, we can only hope.
Thanks again.
Mike