Sorry for my absence...

This Section is opened to all the subjects (even if they aren’t about World War II) and all other things like sales or auctions.
GuyMassey
Flying Officer
Flying Officer

Sorry for my absence...

Post by GuyMassey »

Apologies for not being around over the last couple of months. Having lost my Dad on 15th of November, the fickle finger of fate struck again when my wife also passed away on 15th December. 2013 was not a good year for my family and is best forgotten.
Into 2014 now and trying to occupy my mind, the stamp collection has come out once more, the family history is being hit again. The gym is also being visited, and an attempt at losing weight in order to undertake a few personal climbing challenges is under way (half a stone lost, two to go).
I expect that I will be visiting the forum in the night, sleep does not come easily at the moment. That actually works quite well for most of my antipodean friends on here! ;-)
"The purpose of life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave with a well-preserved body, but rather to Slide in Sideways, completely used up, yelling and screaming, what a ride!" anon.
ME453
Wing Commander
Wing Commander

Re: Sorry for my absence...

Post by ME453 »

Welcome back Guy, it's a long and sometimes painful haul back from the depths you've visited but you'll get there I'm sure.
Max
www.ordinarycrew.co.uk
Dedicated to the crew of Lancaster ME453 467 squadron
PAFG
Group Captain
Group Captain

Post by PAFG »

Yes - welcome back Guy, tough times. I think you'll find a few of us around in the early hours :)

Richard
K4KittyCrew
Air Chief Marshal (RAAF)
Air Chief Marshal (RAAF)

Post by K4KittyCrew »

Your always welcome here, Guy. As Richard has said, there is always someone about at any given hour.
You even come up with a new challenge or something for the forum .......... ( please don't feel compelled in any way, only if the thought interest you, send me a email or PM )
The main thing your back.
Cheers,
John
K for Kitty Crew - Winthorpe, 1661 HCU's - stirlingaircraftsoc.raf38group.org/
630 Squadron - East Kirkby
" There is nothing glorious about war with the exception of those who served us so valiantly"